How it works
Book a car
Using the app, online or over the phone
Swipe your GoCard to open the doors, enter your pin
Drive as you would any car, enjoy the freedom
See GoCar Work!
Check out the videos below to see how easy it all is. One swipe and all the doors open, no meeting anyone, no queuing, a car where you want, when you want.
- Quick & Easy sign-up process
- 24/7 Access & Support
- Avoid car ownership costs: insurance, tax, upkeep....
- Bookable at a moment’s notice
- Choose the vehicle that suits your need, from small to large
- With 190+ cars we’ve one close to you
- Car sharing is ideal for businesses, providing pay-as-you-go rental on flexible terms
- The average car is used less than 1 hour a day, but costs €11,000 a year. That works out at over €30 an hour, while GoCars only cost €8 an hour.
- You can save thousands every year by only paying for what you use.
- Once you purchase a car, it immediately begins losing value. With car sharing you don’t incur this cost.
- Pay-as-you-go model makes budgeting easy with a breakdown of each trip
- Around half the price of a taxi on a round-trip
- Car sharing reduces the number of cars on the road, traffic congestion, noise and air pollution, frees up land traditionally used for parking spaces, and increases use of public transport, walking and cycling.
- Less than 10% of GoCar members own a car, and almost 50% of GoCar members said if GoCar did not exist, they would have to buy a car.
- When buying a car, people plan for the biggest journey they’ll ever need, so they end up driving an unnecessarily large and inefficient car for short trips. GoCar members always choose the smallest vehicle for their trip as it’s cheaper, thus reducing emissions and the level of road repairs.
- The majority of GoCars are low emission and new, with 10% of our fleet electric.
- Car sharing allows those who cannot afford a car the opportunity to drive, encouraging social inclusivity.